Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The movie trailer for 'Atlas Shrugged' by Ayn Rand

Share |
I must admit that having waited 20 years for the day a movie would be made based on the book 'Atlas Shrugged' by Ayn Rand, I would have to say, its a bit disappointing. It has nothing to do with the scope of the movie; I was disappointed by the acting and believability. I don't find the characters convincing at all; nor the dialogue. I think the movie ought to have been given a contemporary context. It is very early mind you to judge, since I have only seen the trailer below, and a short scene (i.e. scene 10) from the movie at The Atlasphere.com website.



Irrespective, I am pleased that the job has been done. Its a shame that the Ayn Rand Institute, who professes to be exponents of capitalism, is so bad at negotiating commercial film financing terms. Instead of a plethora of rumoured first-rate actors like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, we got a swag of 2nd rate actors.
I was always going to see the movie. I just hope people don't dismiss the conceptual elements because of the poor direction and acting. Sadly, I think this will be the case. Sadly, it might be the audience going on strike. I do hope people read the book, and I do hope that a 2nd attempt is made to re-make the movie. Perhaps a re-make of 'The Fountainhead' is a more likely development....though this production sadly is unlikely to support that prospect.
------------------------------------
Author
Andrew Sheldon

ConvinceMe.Net - Anyone up for a debate?